When we had our first child, I thought it was kind of funny that I had to keep track of pees and poops in the hospital. I mean, I totally understood that the nurses needed to make sure everything was working properly. But every time they asked how many times our son had gone to the bathroom, I just guessed. I’d always say, “oh, 5 or 6 times.”
The same thing happend with our second son. The nurses would ask and I would guess.
It was only after our second-born was six month old that I found out the diapers available at the hospital had a strip on the front that changed colors when wet. It took me almost THREE YEARS to find out that little trick.
If only someone had told me….
Secrets of The Mommyhood
In a perfect world, an experienced mom would have sat me down and told this first-time mom everything I needed to know. But the reality is, most moms are just too busy.
When I found out my hilarious friend Heather from The Mommyhood was writing a book with all kinds of tips and tricks about motherhood, I had to read it! When it arrived in the mail, I knew from the title alone that I would love it…Secrets of the Mommyhood: Everything I wish someone had told me about pregnancy, childbirth and having a baby.
There are sooo many things I needed to know…and still need to know!
She mixes practical advice about all things related to baby with a twist of her Heather humor.
- What should you expect at your first ultrasound appointment?
- What actually happens during childbirth?
- How much of that baby gear will I actually use?
- How can I save money on all that baby equipment?
- Will I really be a supermom like that girl?
- Why do they cry all the time?
- What goes in the diaper bag?
- What do I feed my baby?
- Should I stay or should I go (back to work)?
- How will I make new mom friends?
- How do I track all those pictures I’m going to take?
I know Heather is my friend but I think Secrets of the Mommyhood is a pregnancy book every first-time mom should read to learn about pregnancy, childbirth and having a baby.
Where to Get the Book
Secrets of The Mommyhood is available in paperback from Amazon and Barnes & Noble and in ebook from Kindle and Nook. This is one of the funniest and most informative books you could give a new mom…add it to your baby shower gift list!
Mother’s Day is less than two weeks away, so why don’t you surprise one of your expecting friends with one Secrets of The Mommyhood? Pick it up at one of the retailers mentioned above OR try to win was here!
Just leave a comment letting me know the one thing you wished someone would have told you about pregnancy, childbirth, or having a baby. If you’re not yet a mom, what’s the one thing you would want to know?
Comments will be closed at 11:59PM EST on Sunday May 5, 2013 and I will use Random.org to select a winner.
Latest posts by Christine Satterfield (see all)
- 4 Easy Ways to Stay Warm and Lower Your Heat Bill This Winter #FiltreteFilters - December 12, 2013
- Clean Enough: Simple Solutions for the Overwhelmed Homemaker - December 8, 2013
- Shark Lift-Away Professional Steam Pocket Mop - December 3, 2013
- Cleaning, Organizing, & Christmas #CyberMonday Deals! - December 2, 2013
- Create YOUR Perfect Cleaning Schedule Cyber Monday 50% off Discount! - December 2, 2013