It’s not often that I get the opportunity to spend the night with my mom. Last night, though, I got to do just that.
She kept my son while I attended a church function. Instead of waking up my baby and driving 45 minutes home, I decided to just spend the night since both of our husbands were out of town. It was late when I arrived at her house so we didn’t get to talk much last night. But, we did get to hang out for a little while this morning!
When she left for work I considered going home. I decided to give her an early Mother’s Day present instead.
I cleaned her house!
Now, I don’t like to clean. At all! But, for some reason, it’s sort of bearable when helping someone else. I dusted, cleaned the baseboards, windows, and even disinfected as much as possible in the dishwasher! I tried to do the things that she probably doesn’t get to often.
As if cleaning wasn’t enough, I even went grocery shopping for her!
It’s not like cleaning and grocery shopping are that big of deal. It didn’t take much effort or time from me. But, I think she’ll really like it! Personally, I would be ecstatic if someone did that for me! Wouldn’t you? (Actually, you could have someone come clean your house if you win this! Or, maybe you could give it to your mom.)
I may do something else for her on Mother’s Day. We’ll see. But for now, Happy early Mother’s Day, Mom!
If you are a mom (even if you aren’t) and you could have any gift, opportunity, service, etc. for Mother’s Day, what would it be?
*Photo Credit: clevercupcakes
Latest posts by Christine Satterfield (see all)
- 4 Easy Ways to Stay Warm and Lower Your Heat Bill This Winter #FiltreteFilters - December 12, 2013
- Clean Enough: Simple Solutions for the Overwhelmed Homemaker - December 8, 2013
- Shark Lift-Away Professional Steam Pocket Mop - December 3, 2013
- Cleaning, Organizing, & Christmas #CyberMonday Deals! - December 2, 2013
- Create YOUR Perfect Cleaning Schedule Cyber Monday 50% off Discount! - December 2, 2013