Ah, the first day of Fall…the breeze is blowing, the leaves are turning, and the smell of campfire is in the air…
Actually that may not be an accurate statement since, in my area of the country at least, it’s 94 degrees outside and it still feels like summer. But, Fall weather is coming! That means we need to begin preparing our homes for the cold weather.
Checklist for your Outdoor Fall Fix-Up
- Clean gutters/downspouts and check for needed repairs.
- Touch up exterior paint.
- Check weather stripping and caulking around doors and windows; repair as needed.
- Insulate outside faucets and grates.
- Inspect fencing and repair as needed.
- Inspect patio and decking; stain and repair as needed.
- Clean outdoor furniture and pack away.
- Wash exterior windows.
Checklist for your Indoor Fall Fix-Up
- Flip your mattress. I’ve written before about my trick for remembering when to flip vs. when to flip and rotate your mattress.
- Replace batteries in all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Clean the refrigerator coils (I’ll be sharing more how to do this a little later).
- “Spring Clean” for the Fall if you are feeling extra motivated!
What would you add to the list? Have you already made your Fall Fix-Up list?
Photo Credit: memotions
Latest posts by Christine Satterfield (see all)
- Clean Enough: Simple Solutions for the Overwhelmed Homemaker - December 8, 2013
- Shark Lift-Away Professional Steam Pocket Mop - December 3, 2013
- Cleaning, Organizing, & Christmas #CyberMonday Deals! - December 2, 2013
- Create YOUR Perfect Cleaning Schedule Cyber Monday 50% off Discount! - December 2, 2013
- Organize Photos with Photo Books - November 21, 2013