This post is sponsored by Clorox and I received information about Concentrated Clorox® Bleach from the company.
My husband and I received six beautiful, fluffy white bath towels for a wedding shower….twelve years ago. We haven’t upgraded those towels since then and it is more than obvious. About once a month, I try to bring a little life back to those towels by washing them all together with a splash full of bleach.
This was super easy to do when we had a top-loading washing machine. Start the water, add in a little bleach, add the towels and let the machine to the rest.
When we were given a front-load washing machine, the job became more difficult. If you have a front-loader you probably know that the bleach dispenser is teeny-tiny...about an inch wide and a inch and a half long. To pour bleach with that kind of precision isn’t the easiest thing to do.
In our old house, the washing machine was in a room with a tile floor. But this house has a laundry closet off the upstairs hallway. And guess what kind of floor is in the hallway? Yep, carpet! We’ve been here 3 months and I haven’t used bleach yet. Well, that is until today…
Clorox has a new Concentrated Bleach that they asked me to try, and even though I was slightly concerned I would have to replace the carpet in the upstairs hallway, I agreed.
Here are the 4 reasons that convinced me:
- it’s in a smaller bottle (which means it’s easier to pour),
- it’s concentrated (which means I have to pour less),
- it’s easier to use in HE machines (which mine is),
- and….drumroll…the bottle I have is splash-less! The Concentrated Clorox® Bleach comes in Regular, Splash-less and Scented but I was extremely excited about using the splash-less version…you know, just in case…
Concentrated Clorox® Bleach details:
Concentrated Clorox® Bleach has hit shelves nationwide bringing new benefits to the Clorox bleach product used for generations. It is the same Clorox bleach product you’ve come to know through generations of use, just with less water! Concentrated Clorox® Regular-Bleach:
- Is in a smaller bottle that is easier to handle and easier to use in high-efficiency (HE) washing machines.
- Improves whitening of clothes!
- Still has the same number of uses per bottle as the product you’re used to, but its smaller size significantly reduces the amount of water and packaging used in each bottle. This change will help reduce the product and The Clorox Company’s environmental footprint.
- Comes in Regular, Splash-less and Scented.
Instructions for using Concentrated Clorox® Bleach
Because Concentrated Clorox® Bleach is more concentrated the instructions for use are slightly different:
- Add ½ cup of Concentrated Clorox® Regular-Bleach to a standard or HE washer following the laundry use directions.
- For heavily soiled or extra-large loads, use 1 cup of Concentrated Clorox® Bleach.
- As with any cleaning or laundry product, it is important to read the product label before use.
To use Concentrated Clorox Bleach to disinfect hard, nonporous surfaces:
- Wash, wipe of rinse surface with water.
- Add ½ cup of Concentrated Clorox Bleach to one gallon of water.
- Apply disinfecting bleach solution to the surface and let stand 5 minutes before rinsing.
- Rinse thoroughly and air dry.
You can find this same information on their website here.
All in all, I found that the concentrated version to be incredibly easier to use since the bottle was lighter and smaller. My carpet is still bleach-free and my towels are good to go for another month!
Latest posts by Christine Satterfield (see all)
- Shark Lift-Away Professional Steam Pocket Mop - December 3, 2013
- Cleaning, Organizing, & Christmas #CyberMonday Deals! - December 2, 2013
- Create YOUR Perfect Cleaning Schedule Cyber Monday 50% off Discount! - December 2, 2013
- Organize Photos with Photo Books - November 21, 2013
- 30 Days to Christmas - November 13, 2013