The gift season is upon us! But that doesn’t mean we have to give (or receive) the gift of clutter. In fact, clutter-free gifts can have just as much – if not more – meaning than traditional gifts.
As I’ve worked on the Clear the Clutter course the last few months, I’ve realized that there is definitely a systematic approach you can take to reduce the amount of unnecessary items in your home. However, preventing new clutter is a whole other story.
Instead of adding clutter to our loved ones homes this year, let’s do our best to focus on useful, clutter-free gifts.
After brainstorming several clutter-free gift ideas, I thought about breaking the list down into gift ideas for kids, gift ideas for moms, gift ideas for grandparents…well, you get the idea. But since there’s quite a bit of overlap, I thought I’d compile one gigantic list that will work for kids and adults alike.
Here are my favorite clutter-free gift ideas for kids, moms, dads, grandparents and everyone in between. I’d love to hear your ideas too!
Clutter-free gift ideas:
- Acting lessons
- Amusement park membership or pass
- Aquarium membership or pass
- Art Class
- Audio books (You can get 50% off Audible here)
- Baseball registration or private coaching
- Basketball registration or private coaching
- Beach trip
- BIG experience gift (sky-diving, fishing in Alaska, helicopter ride, hot-air balloon ride, etc.)
- Bounce house pass
- Bowling tickets
- Bucket list experience (help the gift receiver cross something off their list)
- Camping trip as a family
- Car detailing
- Cheerleading registration or private coaching
- Church camp registration
- Circus tickets
- Cleaning schedule
- CLEAR THE CLUTTER – simplify your life (I personally think this might be one of the best gifts you could ever receive…*wink*)
- Computer clean up or maintenance
- Cooking classes (my husband gave this to me one year and I loved it!)
- County fair tickets
- Dance classes
- Date night gift card
- Day at the Spa
- Educational app
- eMeals (weekly meal plans for any diet preference…plus get a free 2 week trial with this link!)
- Family favorite recipe cards
- Family photo session
- Financial planner appointment
- Get professional decorating advice
- Gym membership
- Gymnastics classes
- Handyman service (one time or ongoing)
- Help selling unneeded items on ebay, craigslist, facebook, etc.
- Hockey registration or private coaching
- Horseback riding lessons
- Housekeeper or Maid (one time or ongoing)
- itunes gift card
- Kindle books (you don’t even need a “real” Kindle if you download the Kindle app to your computer, ipad, phone, etc.)
- Love letter (you know, an old fashioned hand written letter)
- Museum membership
- Mini golf tickets
- Mommy and me class
- Monthly “date” cards (for kids, parents, or spouse)
- Movie tickets
- Music lessons
- Nutrition Class
- Once a Month Meals (freezer cooking at it’s finest)
- Personal stylist session
- Personal training
- Professional organizer (one time or ongoing)
- Record a family album or movie (this could be so. much. fun!)
- Restaurant gift card
- Rock climbing lessons
- Rosetta stone subscription to learn another language
- Science museum membership
- Singing lessons
- Ski trip
- Space and Rocket center camp
- Sporting event tickets
- Summer camp registration
- Swim lessons
- Train and run a race together (5K, half-marathon, marathon)
- Trip down memory lane (sort through old photos as a family…you can even sort and organize while you’re going through them.)
- Trip to a “pick your own” farm or orchard
- Truth in the Tinsel (perfect way to make the days leading up to Christmas meaningful)
- Video interview of each family member, starting with the oldest person in the family (I really-really-REALLY want to do this!)
- Water park membership or pass
- Zoo membership
There you have it. 75 of my best clutter-free gift ideas.
It should be noted that many classes and lessons require special equipment or uniforms, so it might be nice to provide those as part of the gift. Granted, that’s not really “clutter-free.” But it does help reduce clutter since those items don’t have to be purchased in addition to other gifts.
Clutter-busting gift ideas
If you just need help getting RID of clutter, you can read about my favorite clutter busting products here. You’ll find my favorite way to beat paper clutter, organize closets, clean up the garage, and more.
Gift list organizational idea
Of course, if you or your family could use a few physical gifts, here’s an easy way to keep your gift list organized!
So, let me hear from you! What are your favorite clutter-free gift ideas?
Affiliate links included.