Blinds. They provide shade, reduce our electric and heat bill and even help complete the look of a room.
Unfortunately, when it comes to cleaning blinds it isn’t so easy!
That’s probably why I rarely clean blinds myself. It is the Spring Cleaning season, though, so they might get a good wipe down over the next few weeks. Maybe.
Just because I neglect my blinds doesn’t mean you should though! For those of you adding “Clean and Dust Blinds” to your Spring Cleaning schedule, here are a few *somewhat* easy ways to get them clean.
4 *Somewhat* Easy Ways to Clean Blinds
- If you have sturdy, aluminum blinds you can slide them out of the mounts and clean them placeing the blinds in a bathtub full of warm water and vinegar. Then scrub gently with a soft cloth or brush. Drain the tub and let the blinds air-dry.
- On a warm, spring day you can take those same sturdy, aluminum blinds outside to clean. Just lay them flat on the ground in a row and use the sprayer on a garden hose to wash the dust away. Flip and repeat. Let the sun dry the blinds before putting back up.
- If you want to keep the blinds in place or if you have wood or faux wood blinds, you can use another method to dust. Wrap a fabric softener sheet, a soft cloth sprayed with fabric softener, or a microfiber cloth around a long thin object like a ruler or table knife. Slide the ruler in between each blind and watch the dust almost jump onto the fabric. It’s more time consuming to dust each blind individually, but you don’t have take them down and it’s very effective!
- The vacuum is an amazing time-saving tool!If you have a brush attachment for your vacuum, use it to clean your blinds! Just close the blinds and run the attachment side-to-side. Open and shut the slats the other direction and repeat.
So, there you have it. The 4 easiest ways I know to clean blinds.
Well, actually there’s one other option…and it’s the easiest. Find someone else to clean your blinds! :)
Will you be cleaning your blinds this Spring?
Latest posts by Christine Satterfield (see all)
- Shark Lift-Away Professional Steam Pocket Mop - December 3, 2013
- Cleaning, Organizing, & Christmas #CyberMonday Deals! - December 2, 2013
- Create YOUR Perfect Cleaning Schedule Cyber Monday 50% off Discount! - December 2, 2013
- Organize Photos with Photo Books - November 21, 2013
- 30 Days to Christmas - November 13, 2013