I’ve heard it said that babies and children can play with the same toy for years, they just play with the toy in different ways. I’ve noticed the truth in that statement now that I have two active kiddos. The toddler wants to play with baby toys (when the baby is playing with them of course!) and the baby can easily play and/or chew on the older kid toys.
The fact that they can share toys makes this frugal momma happy. Plus, multi-purpose toys are a fantastic way to stay clutter-free with kids!
When LeapFrog offered to let my kids try the Animal Adventure Learning Table, it was intriguing to me because it’s a toy that grows with the child from baby to toddler. I saw this first hand because both my 8 month and 3 year old’s eyes lit up when the box opened!
The colors first caught their eyes. But then they were both fascinated with the myriad of entertainment options: buttons to push, wheels to spin, books to flip, mirrors to gaze in, music to dance to….an array of ways to develop cognitive skills.
They’ve been playing with it constantly, although the baby stays with it longer. But as I’ve watched the boys play with this toy for the past few weeks, there are a few things I’ve noticed:
- A baby just learning to sit up and crawl can play with the toy on the ground. My little guy just loves to push it around…and around…and around the entire room!
- It’s lightweight, so a crawler can push it around on carpet and a baby learning to balance/stand can pick it up. The baby thinks he is SO STRONG and looks extremely proud when he balances and even takes a few steps holding on to the toy.
- With the legs on, the table is the perfect height for a baby learning to stand and cruise. He goes from table, to couch, to the chair, back to the table, repeat, repeat, repeat.
Disclaimer: I was selected for this opportunity as a compensated member of Clever Girls Collective and received free product from LeapFrog to review. The content and opinions expressed here are all my own. #LFAnimalAdventures #spon
Latest posts by iDreamOfClean (see all)
- Easy Way to Remove Sand from Hands and Feet at the Beach - May 12, 2013
- Clean Faster by Timing Yourself - May 9, 2013
- Easy Way to Make Memories with Your Kids this Summer - May 8, 2013
- Natural Green Ant Repellant - May 6, 2013
- The Path to a Minimalist Wardrobe - May 4, 2013