As we continue this journey of cleaning and organizing our kitchens, it’s time to knock out another easy cleaning task…the microwave.
Step 4 :: Clean the Microwave
Most of you probably clean your microwave every time you use it (insert sarcastic cough). But on the small chance your microwave is dirty, take a few minutes to wipe it out today. It takes very little effort and will make a big impact in the cleanliness of your kitchen.
To clean your microwave easily:
- Fill a microwave safe cup or bowl with water and microwave on high until the water boils (4-5 minutes). If you’d like to use a bit of natural disinfectant, use half vinegar in place of the water. You can also add a squirt of lemon juice for a fresh scent.
- After the water boils, keep the microwave door closed for a few minutes so the steam can soften the debris.
- Using a damp rag (feel free to use some of the warm water from the bowl) to clean the microwave. For extra tough spots, a kitchen scraper works wonders!
Latest posts by iDreamOfClean (see all)
- Easy Way to Remove Sand from Hands and Feet at the Beach - May 12, 2013
- Clean Faster by Timing Yourself - May 9, 2013
- Easy Way to Make Memories with Your Kids this Summer - May 8, 2013
- Natural Green Ant Repellant - May 6, 2013
- The Path to a Minimalist Wardrobe - May 4, 2013