I have a love-hate relationship with flat stove tops. They’re smooth. They’re sleek. They cook fast. But they can often seem impossible to keep clean!
After years of owning a flat stop top, I think I’ve finally figured out how to keep them clean.
How to Clean a Flat Stove Top
First things first. In order to keep a flat-surfaced stove clean, you need to have the right tools:
- A stove top cleaner. Cleaners made specifically for flat stove tops seem to work best, but if you prefer green cleaners you can use a baking soda paste. Just squeeze your cleaner of choice onto the stove and wipe in a circular motion with a dry cloth.
- A scraper. I’ve mentioned a time or ten how my favorite cleaning tool is a nylon pan scraper. It can remove just about any sticky, dried up material from any surface; all without damaging the surface. That makes it the perfect tool for removing cooked on food from a stove top; especially the gook that doesn’t come up easily with your stove top cleaner.
Now that you have the right tools, do you want to know the secret for keeping your stove top clean?
It’s simple, really. The key is consistency. You have to clean your stove top as soon as the hot surface indicator light turns off. And you have to clean it every-single-time you use it.
I know, I know. After slaving away and cooking a gourmet meal, the last thing you want to do is clean the kitchen, let alone wipe off the stove. It’s sooo tempting to ignore the mess…just for a little while. But after years of trial and error, I’ve learned that cleaning the stove immediately uses far less physical energy than waiting until the food dries.
If you want to be able to clean your stove with little effort and keep it looking new, you need to clean it often. Plain and simple.
Of course, you could just not use the stove. That would definitely keep it clean!
What kind of stove do you have? How do you keep it clean?
Latest posts by iDreamOfClean (see all)
- Easy Way to Remove Sand from Hands and Feet at the Beach - May 12, 2013
- Clean Faster by Timing Yourself - May 9, 2013
- Easy Way to Make Memories with Your Kids this Summer - May 8, 2013
- Natural Green Ant Repellant - May 6, 2013
- The Path to a Minimalist Wardrobe - May 4, 2013