I’m personally not a fan of cutting up watermelon in triangles, letting half of it get mushy sitting in its juice, and letting the other half rot. If I’m 100% sure the entire thing will be eaten, then maybe. But if there’s a chance for leftover fruit, then I try to avoid it.
I recently showed you how I serve watermelon by cutting it like a pumpkin. It’s my favorite way to eat this summer fruit at home; mostly it takes less than a minute to prepare, but also because I don’t have to dirty any dishes in the process.
Anything to spend less time cleaning the kitchen, right?!
Sometimes, though, you just need a more sophisticated way to serve this fruit to guests.
That’s why I was thrilled when a friend shared this other no-mess option for serving watermelon! I’m not sure why I’ve never heard of this before. But it’s brilliant!
Quick serve watermelon
To cut up and serve watermelon quickly, follow these steps:
- Cut the watermelon in half.
- Cut the fruit vertically inside one half.
- Then cut the fruit horizontally inside that same half.
- Use a long handled spoon to scoop the fruit out of the rind.
- Serve watermelon squares in a bowl or use the rind as a decorative bowl.
You can adjust the width of your cuts to change the size of your fruit chunks. And you may have to make a few extra cuts as you scoop out the watermelon. Overall, though, I found this method to be extremely easy.
The best part was there very little mess to clean up!
Now we don’t have an excuse for not cutting up that summer fruit!
How do you like to eat your watermelon? Do you have another no-mess solution?
Latest posts by iDreamOfClean (see all)
- Easy Way to Remove Sand from Hands and Feet at the Beach - May 12, 2013
- Clean Faster by Timing Yourself - May 9, 2013
- Easy Way to Make Memories with Your Kids this Summer - May 8, 2013
- Natural Green Ant Repellant - May 6, 2013
- The Path to a Minimalist Wardrobe - May 4, 2013