My family and I just returned from a much needed vacation to one of our favorite summer spots…the beach!
Every day we spent a couple of hours in the sand and then another few hours at the pool. Thanks to my patient husband, our oldest is now completely comfortable in a swimming pool and can dog paddle from one side to the other. I may even venture to take him and the baby to our community pool by myself this summer…we shall see!
While memories were definitely made at the pool, hanging out at the beach and playing in the ocean was the highlight of each day. We played in the water, built sand castles, and buried our son up to his neck!
All that sand, however, makes a BIG mess! Sand can stick to a sweaty, sun-block covered body like a second skin.
Fortunately, there is an incredibly easy way to remove sand and keep it from sticking to your skin: Baby Powder.
How to use baby powder to remove sand from skin:
- Pour ample amount of baby powder into hands.
- Rub hands together and “wash” them like you would soap and water.
This tip is incredibly helpful if you like to pack snacks to eat at the beach but don’t care for the taste of sand! Of course, it can also be used on feet, legs, arms, or basically anywhere you don’t want sand sticking. Baby powder truly is a beach bag essential!
What’s a must-have in your beach bag?
Latest posts by iDreamOfClean (see all)
- Easy Way to Remove Sand from Hands and Feet at the Beach - May 12, 2013
- Clean Faster by Timing Yourself - May 9, 2013
- Easy Way to Make Memories with Your Kids this Summer - May 8, 2013
- Natural Green Ant Repellant - May 6, 2013
- The Path to a Minimalist Wardrobe - May 4, 2013