How many times have you needed to make a phone call but as soon as you pick up the phone you have to bounce the baby on your knee so he’ll stop crying, stop a spilling sippy cup with your free hand, and then drop the phone so you can catch a flying toy with the other hand?
The specific details might be different, but if you’re a mom, you can probably relate!
Talking on the phone in a professional manner can be tough when the kids are around.
Back in the day, when I dressed in a suit every day and didn’t smelled like spit up, I had a fancy-smanshy phone in my office. It made me a multi-tasking machine because it had a cordless headset so I both hands free to get things done while talking. If it was an important call, I could take notes. If it was just a long-winded friend, I could answer a few emails while um-hmming every once in a while.
That headset was seriously one of the biggest perks I gave up when I began working at home.
So when I was asked to try the vTech LS6475-3 Multitasking system, I jumped at the chance! Seriously, I did. Am I a nerd? Yes, yes, I am.
You see, I already knew how it could make me more productive. I knew how beneficial it would be to have my hands free while talking on the phone.
And it’s paid off. For business calls, I’ve been able to take notes while talking. I’ve been able to have a few personal conversations while cleaning up the kitchen or making up the bed. And, most importantly, I’ve been able to hold the baby in one arm and roll a ball back and forth with the 3 year old, all while talking on the phone using the headpiece.
The headset alone is what made me want to try the vTech LS6475-3 Multitasking system, but there are some other features that have been extremely useful:
- The Voice Announce Caller ID audibly announces the name and number of the caller on all of the handsets and base unit. No need to find the handset to see who is calling. Makes screening calls (and determining if the kids yelling in the background will make you look unprofessional) that much easier.
- You can remotely retrieve messages on the digital answering system.
- You can retrieve messages on the digital answering system from the handset.
- It’s EnergyStar compliant.
- The handset is very slim.
I’ve found it to be a very good and useful phone…perfect for a busy mom. Hmmm….perhaps a good Mother’s Day gift?! Yes, yes. That way she can bounce the baby on her knee, stop a spilling sippy cup with one hand, and catch a flying toy with the other hand…without dropping the phone!
Find out more about the vTech LS6475-3 Multitasking system here:
Disclosure: I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of VTech and received a product sample to facilitate my review.
Latest posts by iDreamOfClean (see all)
- Easy Way to Remove Sand from Hands and Feet at the Beach - May 12, 2013
- Clean Faster by Timing Yourself - May 9, 2013
- Easy Way to Make Memories with Your Kids this Summer - May 8, 2013
- Natural Green Ant Repellant - May 6, 2013
- The Path to a Minimalist Wardrobe - May 4, 2013