In case you haven’t heard :) we have a Spring Cleaning Challenge going on for the next few weeks. I have absolutely loved the excitement many of you have expressed in the comments and would be thrilled for the rest of you to participate!
In case you’re worried about the time commitment, let me assure you that Spring Cleaning can be as simple or complex as you want to make it. It can be completed in a day or take a month. Whatever amount of time you have to clean this Spring, the best way to make sure you do something related to Spring Cleaning is to have a plan.
I don’t know about you, but I have a tendency to read a great book or blog post, get excited about the subject matter and then…do nothing. So instead of just reading (or writing in my case) about Spring Cleaning this year, let’s work together to actually have a cleaner home when this challenge is over.
I promise it can be done! Just print this customizable Spring Cleaning Checklist, walk through your house and write down the action items you want to complete by the end of this challenge.
That’s exactly what I just did.
Here’s a little glimpse of what I’m going to be cleaning during the next few weeks…
My Spring Cleaning Plan
- Aggregate crack filler
- Touch-up paint
- Clean out refrigerator
- Clean under refrigerator and clean grate
- Clean under stove
- Organize pantry and sweep the floor in there (it’s gross!)
- Straighten cabinets and wipe down shelves
- Clean dishwasher
- Scrub shower
- Clean bathtubs
- Clean toilets (inside and out)
- Use toothbrush in all the nooks and crannies
- Organize vanities
- Organize bathroom closet
- Clean light fixtures (and get rid of the bug that’s been in there for months!)
- Put items in boxes
- Organize cart
- Bleach washer drum
- Shake out rug and vacuum
- Get spot off couch
- Clean chair cushion
- Organize/Eliminate Books on Bookshelves
- Kids chair
- Wipe down and vacuum couch
- Rotate ceiling fan
- Hem curtains
- Dust bed-frame
- Wash/Change Sheets
- Flip Mattress
- Organize nightstand drawers
- Organize dresser
- Wash Lamp
Bedroom 2 & 3:
- Surprisingly, all good.
- I just need to remember floors and windows.
- File paperwork
- Disinfect computer keyboard
- Dust desk
- Fill in cracks in driveway
- Replace hose pipe
- Hang tools on wall
- Stain deck
- Clean windows
- Wipe down doors and moldings (seriously, how do they get so dirty?)
- Vacuum/Mop floors in the entire house (move furniture)
- Touch-up paint
- Go through all drawers/closets/cabinets/shelves to eliminate unnecessary items
That’s my list to accomplish over the next 3 weeks. There may be a few roadblocks but I’m going to do my very best to cross off everything on the list!
What about you? Have you put together your Spring Cleaning game plan?
Latest posts by iDreamOfClean (see all)
- Easy Way to Remove Sand from Hands and Feet at the Beach - May 12, 2013
- Clean Faster by Timing Yourself - May 9, 2013
- Easy Way to Make Memories with Your Kids this Summer - May 8, 2013
- Natural Green Ant Repellant - May 6, 2013
- The Path to a Minimalist Wardrobe - May 4, 2013