We’re starting the 31 Days to Make Cleaning a Habit series with a very simple habit: Change Your Home Air Filter on the 1st of Every Month.
If you’re like most homeowners, you probably think about changing your air filter monthly but don’t always follow through. Either you can’t remember the last time you changed the filter or it just never makes it to the top of your to do list.
31 Days to Make Cleaning a Habit – Habit 1
Change Your Air Filter on the 1st of Every Month
- First, a clean air filter means a cleaner home. When there’s not much dust in your filter, there’s less dust circulating around your home. That means less dust can settle on your furniture which means much less work for you when it comes to cleaning.
- Second, using monthly air filters (instead of 3 month air filters) prevents your unit from overworking.
- Finally, changing your filter on the first of the month is an easy way jog your memory…a change in month means a change in air filter.
Now, go change your air filter (I will too!). Then come back here and let me know in the comments that you did. Let’s call it accountability!
Latest posts by iDreamOfClean (see all)
- Easy Way to Remove Sand from Hands and Feet at the Beach - May 12, 2013
- Clean Faster by Timing Yourself - May 9, 2013
- Easy Way to Make Memories with Your Kids this Summer - May 8, 2013
- Natural Green Ant Repellant - May 6, 2013
- The Path to a Minimalist Wardrobe - May 4, 2013