It is officially the Fall season!
In my neck of the woods, we’re just starting to get glimpses of Autumn with cooler nights and leaves turning beautiful shades of yellow, orange and brown. Before we know it, though, it will be full blown Fall.
The comfortable weather makes it the perfect time to conquer a bit of deep cleaning before the brutal cold sets in. Check out the guide below to give you a head start on your mission.
Checklist for your Outdoor Autumn Clean Up
- Clean outdoor furniture and pack away.
- Clean the kid’s summer toys so they are ready to go next year.
- Clean gutters/downspouts and check for needed repairs.
- Touch up exterior paint.
- Check weather stripping and caulking around doors and windows; repair as needed.
- Insulate outside faucets and grates.
- Inspect fencing and repair as needed.
- Inspect patio and decking; stain and repair as needed.
- Wash exterior windows.
Checklist for your Indoor Autumn Clean Up
- Wash your swimsuit for the last time this season and pack away.
- Rotate seasonal clothes.
- Clean, organize, and store seasonal baby/kids clothes or prepare to sell and donate.
- Flip your mattress. Here’s a little trick to remember when to flip vs. when to flip and rotate your mattress.
- Replace batteries in all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Clean refrigerator coils.
- “Spring Clean” for the Fall if you are feeling extra motivated!
Do you have other action items on your Fall Checklist?
Photo Credit: memotions
Latest posts by iDreamOfClean (see all)
- Easy Way to Remove Sand from Hands and Feet at the Beach - May 12, 2013
- Clean Faster by Timing Yourself - May 9, 2013
- Easy Way to Make Memories with Your Kids this Summer - May 8, 2013
- Natural Green Ant Repellant - May 6, 2013
- The Path to a Minimalist Wardrobe - May 4, 2013