Several books with alphabetized names and numbers printed in them recently showed up on my doorstep.
I didn’t ask for them.
I don’t think I’ll use them.
I don’t know where to put them.
In all seriousness, it’s probably been over a decade (maybe longer) since I’ve needed to use a phone book. In the day of online searches and calls to information, there just hasn’t been a need.
Truth be told, I pretty much avoid talking on the phone at all costs…except to my immediate family. If given a preference, email, Facebook and Twitter messages are always my preferred method of communication!
If you’re in the same boat, I thought I’d let you in on a little secret. You can opt out to quit receiving phone books!
Here’s How to Opt Out of Phone Book Deliveries:
- Go to YellowPagesOptOut.com
- Enter Your Zip Code
- Enter Your Information
Of course, not receiving the white pages and yellow pages in the future doesn’t really change the fact that there are three sitting on my floor right now. Since throwing them out seems like such a waste, I decided to figure out some creative uses for the phone books.
Creative Uses for Phone Books:
- Use the pages like you would use newspaper when cleaning windows in your house or on your car.
- Shred and use as mulch in your garden…I’ve heard they block weeds. Has anyone tried this? I’d love to know if it works!
- Coloring pages for children. I’m sure my son would just love to have free reign to color and write in a book!
- Shred to use when packing gifts.
- Crafts…like some of these I found on Pinterest:
Do you use a phone book? If not, what do you do when one is delivered to your doorstep?
Latest posts by iDreamOfClean (see all)
- Easy Way to Remove Sand from Hands and Feet at the Beach - May 12, 2013
- Clean Faster by Timing Yourself - May 9, 2013
- Easy Way to Make Memories with Your Kids this Summer - May 8, 2013
- Natural Green Ant Repellant - May 6, 2013
- The Path to a Minimalist Wardrobe - May 4, 2013