After going through my recent reader survey, I noticed that many of you classify yourself as “sort of green” when it comes to cleaning. Green (or “sort of green”) cleaning can mean different things to each person, but for many it means making your own cleaning products.
Whether you’re a veteran to making your own cleaning products, a newbie, or someone who wants to get started, here is an easy 3-ingredient recipe for making your very own dishwasher detergent.
Homemade Dishwasher Detergent Recipe
- 1 cup Borax
- 1 cup Baking Soda
- 1 packet Lemonade Cool-Aid
- Mix together thoroughly and store in airtight container.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of mixture into dishwasher detergent cup (just as you would any dishwasher detergent).
- Wash as usual.
Have you ever used this dishwasher detergent recipe? Do you use another one? If you have a cleaning recipe you’d like to share, I’d love for you guest post or request to see it on iDreamofClean. Just email me.
Linked to I’m Lovin’ It
Latest posts by iDreamOfClean (see all)
- Easy Way to Remove Sand from Hands and Feet at the Beach - May 12, 2013
- Clean Faster by Timing Yourself - May 9, 2013
- Easy Way to Make Memories with Your Kids this Summer - May 8, 2013
- Natural Green Ant Repellant - May 6, 2013
- The Path to a Minimalist Wardrobe - May 4, 2013