When people talk about dieting, they always say, “It’s a lifestyle, not a diet.” In reality, though, most diets don’t seem to be that way. Over the weekend I was talking to a friend who started a program called, Why Weight, which actually does teach you to eat appropriately (and stop when you’re full) rather than dieting. Participants learn to make one small change at a time, rather than changing their lifestyle completely.
Small changes work for philanthropic activity as well. Perhaps your working your way out of debt and would love to sponsor a child (or 2, or 3, or 4 or more) in need, but it’s just not feasible right now. There are other options, like providing clean water in Africa for only $7 a month through the Mocha Club. Their whole premise is making one change….giving up 2 mocha’s a month, to help others in need. (You can even advertise here for the same amount and provide the same benefit). Sometimes, even swinging $7 is a stretch, so instead of watching TV one night, make an impact in one person’s life by taking the time to visit a nursing home, clean the house of a shut-in, or even talking to your neighbors. You never know who is in need of a smile! One change can make a big impact!
The same is even true for “going green.” Instead of throwing away all of your cleaners, light bulbs, paper, clothes, etc. and buying brand new replacements, you would get more impact by just making one small change.
- Perhaps your family doesn’t like the idea of going paper towel-less. When you run out of the current roll, you could buy paper towels similar to the Scott Naturals brand.
- Instead of buying new clothes every season, one could wear what they already own, or even host a clothing-swap with some friends.
- Rather than wasting your current cleaning products, you could use them up and then try switching to homemade cleaners.
One small change can make a big impact!
And once again Scott Naturals is helping us do just that. This is Week 4 of the 4 Week Test Drive where I’m trying out their Naturals products to help make one small change.
- Leave a comment telling me what small change you have made in your life or would like to make.
- Visit Scott Naturals 4 Week Test Drive page so they’ll donate $1 to the National Wildlife Federation. Then come back here and leave a comment letting me know you have done so.
- Like BKind2EarthDay on Facebook and then come back here and leave a comment letting me know you have done so.
- Visit ScottBrand.com and “like” them on Facebook (look towards the bottom of the screen). Then come back here and leave a comment letting me know you have done so.
- “Like” iDreamofClean on Facebook. Then come back here and leave a comment letting me know you have done so or already do.
Comments will be closed at 11:59pm on May 11 and a winner will be selected.
The winner of the prize pack from week 3 is Victoria! She’ll receive a Scott Naturals Kit containing bath tissue, paper towels, flushable moist wipes and napkins. Congratulations, Victoria!
Latest posts by iDreamOfClean (see all)
- Easy Way to Remove Sand from Hands and Feet at the Beach - May 12, 2013
- Clean Faster by Timing Yourself - May 9, 2013
- Easy Way to Make Memories with Your Kids this Summer - May 8, 2013
- Natural Green Ant Repellant - May 6, 2013
- The Path to a Minimalist Wardrobe - May 4, 2013