In honor of Earth Month, I thought I’d share a couple of odor neutralizers that you can make at home, using ingredients you already have.
Have you ever noticed that a box of carpet deodorizer almost always has baking soda as a primary ingredient? They’re usually marketing this key ingredient right there on the front of the package. Well, why not skip the middle man and go right to the source?
Sprinkling baking soda on carpet before vacuuming is a great way to neutralize odors in carpet. Just let it sit for a few minutes after sprinkling and vacuum it up.
We all know there are a million uses for vinegar, right?. Cooking, cleaning, and yes, even odor neutralizing.
Mix equal parts vinegar and water in a spray bottle and mist in the air. The vinegar smell will subside quickly and you’ll be left with fresh smelling air.
If you’re looking for ways to “go green” these are two easy ways to start making your own cleaning products. But, if you want some other options, consider Scott Naturals products. I’m on week 3 of their 4 Week Test Drive and am actually really loving them. You still have two more chances to try them out yourself!
The winner of the prize pack from week 2 is Christie! She’ll receive a Scott Naturals Kit containing bath tissue, paper towels, flushable moist wipes and napkins. Congratulations, Christie!
If you want a chance at winning the same, you have three more chances! Here’s what to do:
1. Leave a comment telling me your favorite homemade cleaning product (if you have one) or if you ever try anything similar to “green cleaning.” If not, let me know that too.
For extra entries:
2. Visit Scott Naturals 4 Week Test Drive page so they’ll donate $1 to the National Wildlife Federation. Then come back here and leave a comment letting me know you have done so.
3. Like BKind2EarthDay on Facebook and then come back here and leave a comment letting me know you have done so.
4. Visit ScottBrand.com and “like” them on Facebook (look towards the bottom of the screen). Then come back here and leave a comment letting me know you have done so.
5. “Like” iDreamofClean on Facebook. Then come back here and leave a comment letting me know you have done so or already do.
Comments will be closed at 11:59pm on May 4 and a winner will be selected.
Latest posts by iDreamOfClean (see all)
- Easy Way to Remove Sand from Hands and Feet at the Beach - May 12, 2013
- Clean Faster by Timing Yourself - May 9, 2013
- Easy Way to Make Memories with Your Kids this Summer - May 8, 2013
- Natural Green Ant Repellant - May 6, 2013
- The Path to a Minimalist Wardrobe - May 4, 2013