It happens to the best of us.
We buy things we don’t need (hey, maybe it was a great deal). People leave things at our house. They give us gifts we don’t need. Random items sometimes just…appear.
When it comes to Spring Cleaning it doesn’t matter why we have clutter; we just need to acknowledge that we have it. Most importantly, we need to do something about it!
So, today we’re going to take 30 minutes (or less if we work fast) to reduce clutter. Here’s how:
1. Get a box, bag, or laundry basket.
2. Set a timer for 30 minutes.
3. Enter each room of your home (including closets) and choose 3 items from that room you don’t need.
Why 3? It’s small enough that the task seems feasible. But, it’s large enough to make a dent in the mess…plus, it may even spur you on to get rid of 30…or 300 things that are cluttering up your home!
If you’re hesitant about getting rid of an item, ask your self the following questions:
- Do I love the item?
- Does it add value (look great, complete a look, provide a needed solution)?
- If I need it again, can I borrow it from someone else?
- Can someone else get better use out of it?
4. Put everything in the container and immediately take it to the trunk of your car.
5. Drop it off the next time you drive by the donation center.
Sounds easy enough in theory, right? But, can you do it? That is the real question! Let me know in the comments!
Latest posts by iDreamOfClean (see all)
- Easy Way to Remove Sand from Hands and Feet at the Beach - May 12, 2013
- Clean Faster by Timing Yourself - May 9, 2013
- Easy Way to Make Memories with Your Kids this Summer - May 8, 2013
- Natural Green Ant Repellant - May 6, 2013
- The Path to a Minimalist Wardrobe - May 4, 2013