I know this is a little unorthodox to write about on iDreamofClean but today I’m actually going to share a recipe with you. No, it’s not a cleaning recipe; it’s a real recipe that you can eat!
First, let me share some exciting news with you!
1. I’m releasing a resource today that you don’t want to miss!! It will walk you through the step-by-step process for Creating Your Perfect Cleaning Schedule. Start the new year off with a clean and organized home. For more information, click here.
2. It’s time to come clean that I’ve been cheating on you just a bit. Most of you probably think cleaning is my life but, let me assure you that it’s absolutely not! I only DREAM of clean! I do, however, cook quite a bit and, after having a baby, dieted for a while. Can you relate?! Well, the two are merging together thanks to my friend, Tricia from Once A Month Mom.
If you aren’t familiar with Once A Month Mom you should definitely check it out. Each month Tricia creates a menu and provides resources (recipe cards, grocery list, step-by-step instructions, and labels) to help you cook an entire month’s meals in one day. That’s right, it’s one loooong day. But, every other day of the month is a breeze when it comes to preparing healthy, home-cooked meals for you and your family. It’s totally worth it!
Beginning in January 2011, Once A Month Mom is expanding her product line by allowing yours truly (WOOT!) to create and entirely different menu specifically targeted towards dieters!! It’s called Diet Once A Month Mom! You can even link up your favorite healthy recipes. If you’re trying to get healthy or need to lose some baby weight like I did, this menu is for you! But, don’t worry, iDreamofClean isn’t going anywhere!
I promise that most (if not all the recipes used on the menu) will be posted elsewhere. But, I just had to let you know about this awesome Heart Healthy Taco Soup recipe. Since we’re nearing the time of year when almost everyone becomes more health conscious, this is a recipe you don’t want to miss. It’s filling, full of fiber, low-calorie, and has a significant source of vitamin C and the antioxidant lycopene due to the Hunts tomatoes used in the soup. Lycopene absorption is 2-3 times greater in canned tomato products than raw tomatoes according to a study reported in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
ConAgra, the maker of Hunt’s tomatoes has said that Hunt’s tomatoes are flash-steamed to help them keep their backyard-garden-fresh taste, are 100 percent natural and contain no artifical preservatives or ingredients. They also said that recent studies have suggested that the distinct combination of nutrients found in tomatoes my have a measurable impact on heart disease prevention.
Hunt’s seems to be making it easy to kick off the new year with a healthy start. I just may have to incorporate Hunt’s products into more Diet Once A Month Mom recipes!
Heart Healthy Taco Soup
- 28 ounces Hunt’s Crushed Tomatoes
- 10 ounces Rotel
- 16 ounces Black Beans
- 16 ounces Kidney Beans
- 10 ounces Corn
- 1 package Taco Seasoning
- 1 package Ranch Seasoning
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (approximately 5 ounces each)
If using canned beans, rinse all beans thoroughly. Then dump all ingredients into a slow-cooker and heat on high for 2-3 hours. Shred chicken breasts when cooked thoroughly.
Let soup cool and then portion two cups of soup into quart-size freezer bags. Lay flat and freeze.
Servings: 5 • Serving Size: 2 cups • Calories: 350 Fat: 1.5 • Protein: 14.1 •
Carbs: 54 • Fiber: 16 • Weight Watchers Points: 6 • Weight Watchers Points Plus: 6
Disclaimer: This is part of a paid campaign sponsored by Hunt’s and theMotherhood.com. Of course, all opinions expressed are my own.
This Post will be linked at:
- Tasty Traditions at Coupon Cookin’
- Cooking Thursday at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
- Family Food Fridays at Get Healthy Cheap
Latest posts by iDreamOfClean (see all)
- Easy Way to Remove Sand from Hands and Feet at the Beach - May 12, 2013
- Clean Faster by Timing Yourself - May 9, 2013
- Easy Way to Make Memories with Your Kids this Summer - May 8, 2013
- Natural Green Ant Repellant - May 6, 2013
- The Path to a Minimalist Wardrobe - May 4, 2013