After sharing how you can easily clean your china and crystal stemware, I discovered an easy way clean silver. I meant to post this before Thanksgiving, but maybe you’ll be able to try it out before having guests over for Christmas dinner!
Easy Way to Clean Silver Tableware
I recently came across this easy way to clean tarnished silver and thought I’d give it a try! Since I don’t have any of my own, I borrowed a few pieces and went to work.
- First, place a strip of aluminum foil in the bottom of a sink and fill it partially with hot water.
- Stir in a tablespoon of baking soda and a salt per 4 cups of water.
- Immerse your silver into the mixture and let soak for about 20 seconds.
- After removing the silver, gently scrub if necessary.
- Finally, rinse and dry with a gentle cloth.
Your silver tableware should look shiny and new! One of the best things about this method is that you can remove tarnish from your silver at the last minute with ingredients you already have at home. It’s a natural, non-abrasive, easy method for cleaning silver tableware…or any other silver pieces that have tarnished.
How do you clean your silver?
Latest posts by iDreamOfClean (see all)
- Easy Way to Remove Sand from Hands and Feet at the Beach - May 12, 2013
- Clean Faster by Timing Yourself - May 9, 2013
- Easy Way to Make Memories with Your Kids this Summer - May 8, 2013
- Natural Green Ant Repellant - May 6, 2013
- The Path to a Minimalist Wardrobe - May 4, 2013