You’ve probably seen those cute fruit baskets made out of a watermelon and filled with melon balls and berries. You may have even made one yourself.
Using the same approach to serve watermelon in an every day setting is easier than you may think. It’s not as beautiful as the basket, but it serves its purpose and keeps your watermelon fresh longer.
How to cut, serve and store watermelon without making a mess.
1. Using a knife, cut a “lid” out of the top of the watermelon similar to how you would when carving a pumpkin. Angle your knife to make the outer part of the rind larger than the inner portion. That way the lid will stay secure when placed back on the watermelon.
2. Remove the watermelon lid.
3. Scoop out the fruit of the watermelon to serve using an ice cream scoop or spoon.
4. Replace the watermelon lid securely and place in the refrigerator for later.
You won’t have to clean additional storage containers and the watermelon should stay fresh longer than if you cut it up completely. Plus it’s loads of fun for the kids!
How do you serve watermelon?
Latest posts by iDreamOfClean (see all)
- Easy Way to Remove Sand from Hands and Feet at the Beach - May 12, 2013
- Clean Faster by Timing Yourself - May 9, 2013
- Easy Way to Make Memories with Your Kids this Summer - May 8, 2013
- Natural Green Ant Repellant - May 6, 2013
- The Path to a Minimalist Wardrobe - May 4, 2013