Sometimes you have to work to save money and find cleaning shortcuts. Other times you can just fall into the ideas by accident. The latter happened to me about a year ago when I ran across instructions for making your own foaming dish soap just as my original bottle was on it’s last squirt. I’ve been making my own ever since and no one has been the wiser.
Directions for Homemade Foaming Dish Soap
- 1/8 cup liquid dish detergent (use a natural version if you use “green” products)
Fill container with about 1/8 cup of liquid dish detergent (you can just eyeball it rather than measuring exactly). Fill the rest of the container with water and you are ready to use.
Savings Calculation for Making Your Own Foaming Dish Soap
Approximate retail cost of original Foaming Dish Soap = $2.50
Approximate retail cost of 18 oz. liquid dish soap = $1.29
An 18 oz. bottle of liquid dish soap will provide enough soap for 9 refills of foaming dish soap. Approximate savings = $21.21
Have you ever made your own foaming dish soap or hand soap?
Linked to Your Green Resource
Latest posts by iDreamOfClean (see all)
- Easy Way to Remove Sand from Hands and Feet at the Beach - May 12, 2013
- Clean Faster by Timing Yourself - May 9, 2013
- Easy Way to Make Memories with Your Kids this Summer - May 8, 2013
- Natural Green Ant Repellant - May 6, 2013
- The Path to a Minimalist Wardrobe - May 4, 2013