Today The Early Show was on as background noise when I heard the host mention something about trading household items on swapping websites. Since A few days ago I told you about 10 ways to sell or donate items so you can clean out your house and simplify your life the title of the segment really caught my attention! I was curious to see if any of the websites were duplicates of what I mentioned last week. Fortunately, they were not, so here are three new avenues for exchanging unneeded household items for things you can use.
- Swaptree - Much like Paperback Swap, you can exchange Books, CD’s, DVD’s, or Video Games for another title for only the cost of shipping (usually less than $3). I’ve been using Paperback Swap for a couple of years, but about 50% of the time the title I’m looking for is unavailable. So, I’m excited to have Swaptree as another option!
- Swap.com – Similar to swaptree and Paperback swap you can exchange all kinds of great things with other members. The great thing is, if you are a member of Swagbucks you can automatically receive 100 points just for signing up through them! (If you don’t know about swagbucks, you are missing out! It’s like getting paid for searching on the internet. Click here to find out more).
- U-Exchange – If you’re looking to swap homes or cars during a vacation, host travelers during their vacation in exchange for them doing same for you, barter for professional services such as landscaping, plumbing, electrical work, painting, etc. then U-Exchange may be an option to look into.
- Babysitter Exchange – Weather you’re looking to find a babysitter, car-pool group, pet-sitter, tutor, or errand runner, Babysitter Exchange can help you find someone in your area to help with those services. They also have the option of creating your own community so I’m assuming you can for a group with people you know if you are uncomfortable bartering with strangers.
I’ve never personally used these services so I can’t speak to how well they work. Have you every used these swapping websites? If so, what was your impression?
Linked to Life as Mom
Latest posts by iDreamOfClean (see all)
- Easy Way to Remove Sand from Hands and Feet at the Beach - May 12, 2013
- Clean Faster by Timing Yourself - May 9, 2013
- Easy Way to Make Memories with Your Kids this Summer - May 8, 2013
- Natural Green Ant Repellant - May 6, 2013
- The Path to a Minimalist Wardrobe - May 4, 2013