Have you been Spring Cleaning with us? If so, I hope you can tell the difference in your home! We’re over half way finished so persevere, friend, persevere!
Today we are concentrating on the Bathroom. Hopefully, you’ve already cleaned the floors and put a few bathroom items in the dishwasher for easy cleaning. If not, don’t fret. It can easily be done today.
Let’s get started!
Today’s Task: Spring Cleaning the Bathroom
There are several things you can do to make cleaning the bathroom easier and take less time. One way is to let machines do some of the work.
Here are a few things you can put in the dishwasher:
- Shower caddy
- Soap dish and/or pump
- Lotion dispensers
- Toothbrush holder
- Bathroom cup
- Light globe
Next you can throw a few things in the washing machine.
- Shower curtain
- Shower liner (if plastic, only dry for a couple of minutes, if at all!)
- Hand towels/guest towels
- Floor mat
Before you start cleaning, you may want to look inside those cabinets. See if there’s anything you can throw away, donate, or sell (use those boxes we talked about in part 1). Take the rest out of the cabinets, wipe down the inside, and restock so it’s neat and organized!
Now that we have a bare bathroom we can get scrubbing!
- Spray the shower/tub with soap scum remover (store bought or homemade).
- Squirt toilet cleaner and let it set.
- Spray the counters and sink with cleaner and wipe down (use an old toothbrush to clean around the faucet, in the grout, and other tight areas. Wipe with a dry rag.
- Wipe down cabinets, knobs, towel racks and the toilet paper holder.
- Scrub the inside of the toilet.
- Wipe down and disinfect the outside of the toilet. Use an old toothbrush to get in those hard to reach places.
- Scrub the bathtub/shower, rinse, and wipe with a dry towel.
- Mop or hand scrub the floors and pay special attention to grout lines, corners, and molding.
- Restock the items in the washer/dryer and dishwasher and Viola! Finished!
How long will it take you to Spring Clean your bathroom(s)?
Where We’ve Been?
Latest posts by iDreamOfClean (see all)
- Easy Way to Remove Sand from Hands and Feet at the Beach - May 12, 2013
- Clean Faster by Timing Yourself - May 9, 2013
- Easy Way to Make Memories with Your Kids this Summer - May 8, 2013
- Natural Green Ant Repellant - May 6, 2013
- The Path to a Minimalist Wardrobe - May 4, 2013