We’re on day 4 of our Spring Cleaning journey and we’ve had a couple days of hard work. Well, today will be a breeze if you have a dishwasher!
Photo Credit: Shooting Brooklyn
I’m all about cleaning the easy way! That means I will use whatever modern conveniences there are to make the job a bit easier. So, anything that is dishwasher safe and can fit will be cleaned in my dishwasher. Everything from trashcans, soap dishes, toothbrush holders, and kid toys can be washed in there. If you don’t feel comfortable with trashcans and toothbrush holders in the same load, feel free wash them separately.
Today is also a good day to wipe down certain areas of the home that are touched frequently and can harbor germs.
- Disinfectant/All-purpose Cleaner
Today’s Task: Sanitizing and Disinfecting
- Any plastic toy you feel comfortable putting in the dishwasher (provided it doesn’t have batteries)
- Globes from Light Fixtures (use the lightest setting)
- Bag clips
- Refrigerator shelving
- Microwave glass tray
- Hair brushes, combs, and accessories
- Toothbrush holders
- Soap dispensers (empty ones of course!)
- Plastic dustpans
- Office supplies (scissors, plastic or metal pen holders, paper clip holders, letter openers, etc.)
- Removable cup holders from your car
- Trash cans
- Pet feeding dishes
- Bath Toys (sounds weird but they get soap scum just like the bathtub does!)
- Bath Caddy
For items that can’t go in the dishwasher, we can just use a rag and some all-purpose or disinfecting cleaner. Just make sure to spray the cleaner directly on the rag and then wipe down the item. Here are some examples of items to sanitize and disinfect.
- Light fixtures
- Computer keyboards
- Pulls on cabinets
- Trash cans that are too big for the dishwasher
- Toys (if they are too big for the dishwasher, are not dishwasher safe, or have batteries)
- Computer/Computer keyboard
- Remote controls
- Phones (cell phones and landlines)
Do you have suggestions for other items that can be washed in the dishwasher or that should be sanitized and disinfected?
Where We’ve Been?
Latest posts by iDreamOfClean (see all)
- Easy Way to Remove Sand from Hands and Feet at the Beach - May 12, 2013
- Clean Faster by Timing Yourself - May 9, 2013
- Easy Way to Make Memories with Your Kids this Summer - May 8, 2013
- Natural Green Ant Repellant - May 6, 2013
- The Path to a Minimalist Wardrobe - May 4, 2013