April is the first full month of Spring. That means many people are beginning to think about Spring Cleaning. Are you?
Cleaning can sometimes seem like an overwhelming task. But, it doesn’t have to be. If we can break our cleaning to do list into manageable chunks, we’re more likely to actually complete it. That means we’ll get to reap the benefits of living in a clean home for the rest of the season!
The biggest key to cleaning effectively is to get prepared. Therefore, today our only task is to prepare for Spring Cleaning.
Spring Cleaning: Preparation
- Walk around your house and make a list of items that need to be repaired or that need maintenance. List phone numbers of servicemen or tools/products that you need to pick up at the hardware store beside each item.
- Change Fire Alarm Battery.
- Gather your cleaning supplies in one area and make sure you have everything you need.
- Schedule a time on your calendar to get your spring cleaning completed.
- Straighten up. Since I think of spring cleaning as a more involved than my every day cleaning, I like to start with a fairly picked up area. I know this isn’t always possible so just do what works for you.
- Get 3 Boxes/Bags and label them:
- Yard Sale
- Give Away
- Throw Away
Our Spring Cleaning journey will happen over the next 14 days. We all have different circumstances, though. Some may like to complete all their Spring Cleaning in one day or over one weekend. Others may prefer to stretch it out over a couple weeks. The sizes of our living spaces vary as well as the type of projects we may want to complete. Because of that, I’m going to list everything in this Spring Cleaning series in a Google doc for easy reference. Plus, you’ll be able to edit based on your needs and preferences, print, and cross things off as you complete them!
I will also revise the Spring Cleaning lists as needed so send me suggestions in the comments to add to the list!
Latest posts by iDreamOfClean (see all)
- Easy Way to Remove Sand from Hands and Feet at the Beach - May 12, 2013
- Clean Faster by Timing Yourself - May 9, 2013
- Easy Way to Make Memories with Your Kids this Summer - May 8, 2013
- Natural Green Ant Repellant - May 6, 2013
- The Path to a Minimalist Wardrobe - May 4, 2013