Sweet onions, red onions, green onions, white onions…they all have a purpose and that purpose usually involves flavoring food.
Although you may like to use onion when cooking, I’m guessing you don’t like the smell lingering on your hands.
Well, here are two easy ways to eliminate onion smell from your hands.
1. Coffee Grounds.
I’ve previously mentioned how a good friend shared that you can easily remove onion smell by rubbing used coffee grounds between your hands when washing them. If you’re a coffee lover like me, then you can appreciate having a good use for recycling your grounds.
2. Baking Soda.
I’ve personally been using the coffee ground tip for months now, but the other day I was in a pinch because I didn’t make my usual morning brew. I was in the middle of washing my hands with regular soap and water when my husband walked by. Having to act quickly, I recalled how it seems that baking soda has 1001 uses. Why not give it a try, I thought. So, I kindly asked my husband to grab the baking soda and pour a bit in my hands. I scrubbed thoroughly with the slightly abrasive baking soda, rinsed and dried. It worked! No more onion smell!
Do you have another tip for removing onion smell from your hands?
Latest posts by Christine Satterfield (see all)
- Shark Lift-Away Professional Steam Pocket Mop - December 3, 2013
- Cleaning, Organizing, & Christmas #CyberMonday Deals! - December 2, 2013
- Create YOUR Perfect Cleaning Schedule Cyber Monday 50% off Discount! - December 2, 2013
- Organize Photos with Photo Books - November 21, 2013
- 30 Days to Christmas - November 13, 2013